Vision First provides the opportunity for refugees and asylum seeker and the Hong Kong community to participate together in recreational activities. These activities provide numerous benefits for our community:
1. Provide opportunities for social contact across community boundaries;
2. Promote mutual understanding;
3. Engender in participants a desire for and commitment to peaceful coexistence;
4. Enhance skills and knowledge;
5. Strengthens public awareness:
Vision First organizes monthly football matches between our [tippy title=”clients” header=”off”]Vision First registered asylum seekers and refugees. Vision First registered clients are unable to reveal their faces for their protection[/tippy] and the community.
Football has the power to raise awareness and to bring people together. The rules of football provide one of the few truly global standards and can function as a powerful tool for transforming community attitudes and empowering individuals through the acquisition of new physical and social skills, self-confidence and positive relationships. The rules of football provide one of the few truly global standards and our clients are truly passionate about playing!